Go to main navigation
6081 S. Quebec Street, Suite 202, Centennial, Colorado 80111
Free Consultation 303-951-7531 303-951-7531

Advance Attorneys Fees

It is very likely that if you are the higher earner in your marriage and the other party does not have access to funds to pay for his or her own attorney, you are more than likely going to need to consider the possibility that the Court will order you to advance funds to opposing counsel.

Pursuant to Colorado Revised Statutes (C.R.S.), § 14-10-119, the Court in a domestic matter has the authority to allocate attorneys fees and costs, taking into consideration the financial resources of each party.